Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Infidelity and Goiter

While on  my way home today... I've unintentionally eavesdropped to a  conversation between  a guy and two girls... I didn't intent to,  but they're blocking my way so I had to walk slowly with them.  I am not a married person, nor in a relationship.. so I am not judging the guy for what he is doing and besides I have no right to...  The guy is telling that he already ended his illicit affair and they agreed to return whatever they owe each other (probably monetary?!).  What caught my attention is when he said " I have no regrets at all and besides she has goiter".... and the girls replied to him " Yes It is a good decision or else you'll probably be infected" What?! infected?!  I'm suddenly confused! goiter?! or probably he is talking about Gonorrhea?!



If I recalled it correctly... Goiter is primary caused by  iodine deficiency, some by autoimmune disease, from toxins, or from cancer... but it is not infectious and you'll not get it through sexual activities.   If the reason for their break up is due to her having  goiter that is a shallow justification. But, like what I've said  a while ago,  I have no right to judge them...

FACT:  You can have goiter from indigestion of raw foods that contains goitrogens, such as cassava, peanuts, strawberries, soybeans,  broccoli  (goitrogens are substances that suppresses the function of thyroid gland)




Note: I am a frustrated doctor, so I love to read topics about health and medicine.  I also like to watch medical series like House.

No comments:

Post a Comment